I love making homemade blackberry pies! The best part is picking the blackberries yourself. It makes such a difference in the quality of the pie. Making blackberry pies are one of my favorite things to do during the summer, so now I’m going to share a recipe with you
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine 3 1/2 cups berries with the sugar and flour. Spoon the mixture into an unbaked pie shell. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup berries on top of the sweetened berries, and cover with the top crust. Seal and crimp the edges, and cut vents in the top crust for steam to escape.
- Brush the top crust with milk, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375 degrees F, and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
By Maddie Kelly