Peanut Butter Blossoms are one of my favorite types of cookies. They are fun to make, and even more fun to eat! I remember I used to make them at my grandma’s house all the time, so they are also a part of my childhood. I recently baked a batch of Peanut Butter Blossoms, and I can’t wait to bake them another time!
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each
cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
About 4 dozen cookies.
Have fun, and enjoy!
By Maddie Kelly