I love banana pumpkin bread! It is a somewhat healthy dessert because it is low in fat. It is also the perfect amount of sweetness, in my opinion, because the pumpkin balances the banana out.
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mashed banana, eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey and sugar. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pie spice and cinnamon, stir into the banana mixture until just combined. Fold in the raisins and walnuts if preferred. Pour batter into the greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Hi! It’s Shannon! This is my favorite dessert recipe because it is delicious and healthy! I hope you love it too!
- 1/2 cup nonfat ricotta cheese, (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 ladyfingers, (about 1 3/4 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons brewed espresso, or strong coffee, divided
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- Combine ricotta, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Place 6 ladyfingers in a 9-by-5-inch (or similar size) loaf pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons espresso (or coffee). Spread the ricotta mixture over the ladyfingers. Place another layer of ladyfingers over the ricotta and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons espresso (or coffee). Drizzle with melted chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To melt chocolate: Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Or place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Per serving: 107 calories; 2 g fat ( 1 g sat , 0 g mono ); 3 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 125 mg sodium; 29 mg potassium.
Have fun and enjoy!